Thursday, January 27, 2011

Vegas trip part 2

So, on New Year's Day, I went rappelling with my friend Laurie Hansen and her family (no relation to my other Hansen friends (Kyle, Whitney, Audrey, Trevor, Danielle, Tyler, and Jake, who are all either siblings or spouses). Rappelling basically is going down a big rock or the side of a mountain with ropes. Like this:

Me and Laurie on the last part of our descent.

It was the first time I had ever done this, and it was a lot of fun. We went out to Calico Basin. The weather was pretty nice, slightly on the chilly side, with a bit of a breeze, but otherwise a great day to be out. We had chili, and hot chocolate and some other goodies. In addition, there had to be a bit of showing off.

Me hanging upside down. The camera angle and my face makes it look like the rope is causing me pain. It was just the angle I assure you.

No comments:

Post a Comment