Sometimes this job is just rough. This last week, I had picked up a tour that spent the morning at the largest public aquarium, then the afternoon on a cruise on the Resurrection Bay that included a free salmon bake lunch (with the option to buy a 1/2 lb of king crab for $8). Then spending the night at a lodge located in a secluded area off the Resurrection River.
The next day, I had to stay at a 4-star ski resort hotel after going to a wildlife conservation center that had bear, musk ox, moose, and other big game animals that were being rehabbed. Then spending the evening going on a hike through the Winner Creek trail (see last post). Really, really rough.
Ok, so the serious stuff. Wednesday afternoon I had some time free after taking care of guest luggage and prior to departing on the train to Anchorage. So, I went to the Talkeetna Roadhouse with another tour director. I had long decided that I would eat their full standard breakfast skillet, which consists of 8 scrambled eggs, 1 lb of potatoes, 4 strips of thick cut peppered bacon, and 2 thick slices of toast.
This is basically what it looks like, though I had eaten the first slice of toast before I thought to get a picture taken.
About 2/3 of the way through, I needed a break.

And...done! Except the last slice of toast. Couldn't get it down. You guys proud of me?


Probably through 1/3 of the way through I'd be questioning myself and my stomach.
ReplyDelete