Saturday, June 12, 2010

On the train to Seward

Friday (June 11) I got to take the train from Anchorage down to Seward - easily the most beautiful rail leg of the Alaska Railroad. Check out the pictures I took.

Potter Marsh, just south of where I live.

We saw Dall Sheep in the Chugach Mountain Range! The little lambs were very active, jumping from rock to rock on their way up.

The Turnagain Arm, with the Kenai Mountains just behind it.

More of the Turnagain Arm.

The view from the back of the train. Up in the Chugach Mountains, there was still plenty of snow.

And coming out of the mountains into Chugach State Forest.

Crossing over a bridge over Kenai Lake.

A great view of Kenai Lake.

One of many tunnels we went through.

A great overlook of Resurrection Bay in Seward.

Having finished off the day yesterday, I went 11 days in a row without a day off. Today, I get my first one since I started the season, and I go again tomorrow. By the time it hits the 18th of the month, today will still have been my only day off. More to be posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment