Saturday, May 29, 2010

Backlog 1

So, since I've been without internest access for almost 3 days, I have a little catching up to do. Here's a log I tried to keep on the road so I didn't forget anything:

Wednesday, May 26


Leaving Calgary, I journeyed into Banff National Park.


The drive was beautiful, and the little town of Banff was quaint and had it's charm. It also had it's own quirks...such as the dollar store.



I walked in and saw some really incredible stuff, like stainless steel water bottles and iPod accessories...only to find out that nothing in the store cost less than $1.50 (everything, in fact, cost what you would expect to pay in a regular store). Maybe Dollar is the name of the owner of the store.


After having lunch in a greek shop, I headed out through Banff National Park, through the town of Jasper, into the town of Dawson Creek, where the famous "mile 0" of the Alaskan highway sits. I found a church building (not sure what denomination it was...I should have taken a picture of it) somewhere in the back of a neighborhood, off the highway where I parked my car and slept for the night.


Here are some of the sights along the way


This is called "Weeping Wall"


Athabasca Glacier

No comments:

Post a Comment